Take care of your heart this winter
There have been studies that suggest that long-term air pollution is linked to a higher risk of cardiovascular/heart disease.
- Because of cold weather smog & pollutants settle on ground leading to chest infections & breathing problems.
- In winters the BP rises and coronary arteries shrinks leading to lack of blood supply.
- As sweating doesn’t occur, the extra water gets accumulated in lungs leading to failure symptoms.
- Due to weather change various respiratory infections are more common.
- People with weak heart should be particularly careful during winter season. Though they should continue to exercise regularly, they should modify their
timings, so as to avoid extreme weather.
- Salt & water intake should be reduced as there is no loss to sweating.
- Regularly monitor BP and if detected high, should be properly treated.
- Avoiding infections is another important aspect and before the onset of the season, influenza & pneumonia vaccines should be taken so as to prevent chest infections.
- If symptoms of infections are seen they should be promptly treated with proper use of antibiotics.
- Don’t skip your prescribed medication.
- Don’t skip medicine when you are feeling better
- Any side effects should be reported immediately to your treating doctor
- Arthritis worsens in winter 11, Nov 2019
- Take care of your heart this winter 07, Nov 2019
- 7 Biggest Brain/Nerve Damaging Habits 20, Aug 2018
- Happy International Yoga Day 20, Aug 2018
- World Blood Donor Day 20, Aug 2018
- Breast-feeding vs. formula-feeding: What’s best? 20, Aug 2018
- Facts on Breastfeeding 20, Aug 2018
- Know About Hepatitis | World Hepatisis Day 20, Aug 2018
- Role of Contraceptives in Family Planning | World Population Day 20, Aug 2018
- Blood Donation & Health Benefits | World Donor Day | 14th June 20, Aug 2018
- World Environment Day | 5 June 20, Aug 2018
- Facts about Menstruation | International Women’s Health Day 20, Aug 2018
- SOME FAQS RELATED TO ASTHMA 20, Aug 2018
- Facts About High Risk Pregnancy 31, Jul 2018