General Surgery despite its name, is a surgical specialty that focuses on abdominal organs, e.g., intestines including esophagus, stomach, small bowel, colon, liver, pancreas, gallbladder and bile ducts, and often the thyroid gland (depending on the availability of head and neck surgery specialists). Our specialties also deal with diseases involving the skin, breast, and hernias.
MANY SUB-SPECIALTIES ARE PART OF THE GENERAL SURGICAL
Our, General Surgeons are specialists in :
- Trauma surgery
- Laparoscopic surgery
- Colorectal surgery
- Breast surgery
- Vascular surgery
- Endocrine surgery
- Dermatological Surgery
- Thoracic surgery
- Cardiac surgery
- Plastic surgery
- Surgical Critical Care
The department is headed by our eminent specialist Dr.Santosh Kumar, one of the leading General Surgeon in Bihar.
General and Minimal Access Surgery : Department of General & Minimal Access Surgery is working under the expert guidance of Dr. Santosh Kumar, Director - Ford Hospital and providing indoor, Outdoor & 24 hrs emergency services by well trained, qualied & experienced Surgeons. All surgical agonies are dealt with tender love care.
The morbidity of surgery in terms of pain, big incision & scar, prolong stay in hospital & post op surgical site infection is reduced by the emergent concept of Laparoscopic Surgery. The department is fully equipped with the state of art laparoscopic instrumentations and surgical expertise to do basic, advance & single incision laparoscopic as well as Bariatric (Weight Loss) Surgery.
Department of General and Minimal Access Surgery is a well functioning department comprising of senior surgeons of eminence. Each one of them has vast clinical experience behind. Some of them have training from international institutions of repute. Commitment to the patient's welfare and safe surgery is their motto.To make surgery safer department has adopted a core set of safety standards. For any emergency surgeries department is committed to provide the highest standard of care. We believe in practicing affordable & safe surgical care with human touch involving latest technology & world class standards.
The General and Minimal Access Surgery service is manned 24/7 by an experienced and dedicated team of consultants. The department is committed to providing ethical and evidence based surgical options to our patients.
We are committed to the principles and practices of WHO Global Initiative of Safe Surgery Save Lives.
- Services and Treatments Offered:
- Trauma– surgery and care
- Tumours– complete diagnosis and operative treatment for cysts and tumours of the salivary glands, thyroid, parathyroids, adrenals, breast, lipomas and tumours of the abdomen.
- Abdominal surgeries such as Gall Bladder, Appendix, Intestines (open/ laparoscopic surgery).
- All kinds of hernias– both by open and by laparoscopic surgery.
- Ano rectal diseases– abscesses, stula, ssure and piles. We are performing Stapled hemorrhoidectomy with many benets to the patient such as minimal blood loss, less pain and early recovery.
- Infective conditions– abscesses, and diabetic foot are taken care with good results and early rehabilitation for the patient.
- Diseases of the veins such as varicose veins.